Practical support and groups for carers
- Care for Carers offering support to unpaid carers
- Association of Carers offering support to carers including befriending and respite
- Hft’s Family Carer Support Service (FCSS) is a free national support service for parent carers and family carers who have a relative aged 16 or over with a learning disability, autism or both. Support is available to all family carers, whether or not their relative is supported by Hft.
- East Sussex Parent Carer Forum for parent carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in East Sussex.
- The Challenging Behaviour Foundation support for family carers
- The Autistic Society help and support
- Sibs support for young and adult siblings of disabled children and adults
- East Sussex Young Carers supports Young Carers aged 5-18 who are responsible for caring for a family member with a long-term illness, disability, mental health or substance misuse issues.
- Respond Family Support Service supporting family members of people with learning disabilities, autism or both who have experienced loss, harm or institutional abuse.
Information for carers
- NHS guidance on support and benefits for carers – includes carer’s assessments, support from local councils, respite care and help for young carers.
- East Sussex County Council guidance on caring for someone
Image: Project Art Works studio